The alternator in your Infiniti vehicle is an important part of its charging system. In fact, it could well be considered the most important component, since it converts the engine's mechanical energy into the electricity that your vehicle needs.
How Your Alternator Works
The engine crankshaft transforms the vertical motion from the pistons into rotary motion. That powers a drive belt that's attached to a pulley on the rotor shaft. The rotor spins, with magnetic coils inside generating an electric field. A rectifier captures that electricity in AC form and turns it into DC power. That electricity is then delivered throughout the vehicle, charging the battery and powering the windshield wipers, power windows, electronics, dash display, and more.
Even the highest quality alternator can go bad, though. When that happens, your battery will get drained that much faster as it tries to power all the systems with its reserves. Once that happens, you're likely to be stranded by the side of the road.
How to Spot a Failing Alternator
Signs of trouble include:
- Your headlights begin to dim or flicker
- Your sound system begins to act up
- The power windows stop working
- You notice that a whining noise seems to be coming from the engine
- The battery keeps dying
Infiniti Alternators are Your Best Choice
When you do need to replace your alternator, it's essential that you choose one that's compatible with your model and its engine. Your manufacturer makes their alternators specifically to work with their models, so that compatibility is guaranteed. Our online auto parts store has everything you need for the project, in stock and ready to ship. Buy now to save both time and money!
No results found for "alternator". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!